Coordinating a Service Project
If you or your student organization are interested in coordinating a service project for this year’s Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service, see below for important details and click the REGISTER button to submit your project.
Before submitting a project, please be sure to have the following information available:
- Project Name
- Project Partners (who the project is being led by, if a student organization, please indicate which orgnaization)
- Project leader’s name and contact
- On-Site leaders’ name and contact (minimum of two and must be present on 9/9)
- Project description
- Proposed location
- Project duration
- Number of available volunteer slots (Example: 10 per shift, 5 shifts, 50 total volunteers
- For more information, please contact Ruthann Clay (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Hawatu Davowah (email@example.com), Mason Service Council)
Project proposals are DUE on August 1, 2017
If you are interested in leading a service project, Social Action and Integrative Studies (SAIL) will be hosting training for all service project leaders. We ask that service project leaders attend 1 of the training sessions below. Please contact Jayson Padilla (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Friday, September 1st from 2pm-3pm in Enterprise Hall Room 418 (SIS Conference Room)
- Tuesday, September 5th from 3pm-4pm in Enterprise Hall Room 418 (SIS Conference Room)
- Wednesday, September 6th from 5pm-6pm in Enterprise Hall Room 418 (SIS Conference Room)
- Friday, September 8th from 10am-11am in Enterprise Hall Room 418 (SIS Conference Room)
Save the date!
• The 5th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service will take place on Monday, September 11th.
• Check in for service projects will take place in the Johnson Center, Room anytime between 8:30am-4:30pm. NOTE: You may check in at any time before your service project, but please be sure to check in at least 15 minutes PRIOR to the start of your service project. If you attempt to check in after your registration time, you will NOT receive your t-shirt.