Evening of Reflection
As part of the 6th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service, we will be hosting our Evening of Reflection: Remember. Reflect. Restore. on September 10th, 2018 from 5:00pm-7:00pm in the JC Bistro. This event features a panel discussion comprised of Mason community members who will share their diverse perspective of how the 9/11 attacks help shape the world we live in today. During the event, we will take the time to Remember this world changing event, Reflect on the many ways it impacts thousands of lives, and Restore confidence in the power of community and collective healing.
Attendance in of this event will allow participants to:
- Have a safe space to communicate their perspectives of 9/11 and to learn from speakers and their peers.
- Remember and reflect on the lives of those lost and injured, as well as other groups that were affected in various ways as a result of the 9/11 tragedy worldwide based on the experience and stories told throughout the evening.
- Honor the many who have risen in service to those who were directly impacted by this event.
- Have the opportunity to pay tribute through personal acts and expressions of kindness, unity and good deeds through participation in the 9/11 Day of Service project
Save the date!
• The 6th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service will take place on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018
• Check in for service projects will take place in the Johnson Center, Bistro anytime between 8:30am-4:00pm. NOTE: You may check in at any time before your service project, but please be sure to check in at least 15 minutes PRIOR to the start of your service project. If you attempt to check in after your registration time, you will NOT receive your t-shirt.