The 8th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service will take place on Friday, September 11th 2020. We encourage ALL Mason students, faculty, staff, and alumni to participate!
We are pleased to share with that this year’s Mason Nation 9/11 Virtual Day of Service is scheduled for Friday, September 11, 2020. We realize this year’s day of service will be a little different, given the impact of COVID19, but we are committed to providing our staff with the opportunity to make a difference and give back to community. A variety of service projects will be available for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members to choose from and participate in.
As a result of participation in the 2020 Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service, participants will have a chance:
- Recognize the value of an individual’s contribution to our community’s effort towards positive social change.
- Engage and participate in service projects to support our community
- Describe at least one way that can promote positive social change within an organization or in society in general
- Participate in active self-reflection regarding one’s own leadership and how they use their experience to contribute to positive change
This year’s Mason Nation 9/11 Virtual Day of Service is designed to allow for flexibility and encourages staff to take engage in service as they are able to. We realize schedules are very busy and complex, so we are offering several different service projects for everyone to participate in virtually on their own time. We have also created a few Zoom rooms for participants to join in if they would like to connect and engage with folks who are working on similar service projects during the day. This year’s virtual service projects are also designed to allow for family and friends to participate in as well. We are also excited to share that we have partnered with military veteran, Ben King from Armor Down to host our first ever, morning mindfulness and meditation session.
We do ask that you RSVP for a service project (feel free to RSVP for more than 1) so we can track where our service and outreach is taking place. If you would like to participate in our Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service Social Media Campaign to track our service, please use #masongivesback when posting and sharing photos.
We hope you will be able to join us!
For questions, please contact Lisa Snyder, Associate Director at email@example.com
Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service Tribute Slideshow
Save the date!
• The 8th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service will take place on Friday, September 11, 2020
• More information regarding the 2020 Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service will be available in early August