Monday, September 10th: Evening of Reflection
As part of the 6th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service, we will be hosting our Evening of Reflection: Remember. Reflect. Restore. on September 10th, 2018 from 5:00pm-7:00pm in the JC Bistro. This event features a panel discussion comprised of Mason community members who will share their diverse perspective of how the 9/11 attacks help shape the world we live in today. During the event, we will take the time to Remember this world changing event, Reflect on the many ways it impacts thousands of lives, and Restore confidence in the power of community and collective healing. RSVP online at: www.eventbrite.com/e/mason-nation-911-day-evening-of-reflection-2018-tickets-48956043845
Attendance in of this event will allow participants to:
- Have a safe space to communicate their perspectives of 9/11 and to learn from speakers and their peers.
- Remember and reflect on the lives of those lost and injured, as well as other groups that were affected in various ways as a result of the 9/11 tragedy worldwide based on the experience and stories told throughout the evening.
- Honor the many who have risen in service to those who were directly impacted by this event.
- Have the opportunity to pay tribute through personal acts and expressions of kindness, unity and good deeds through participation in the 9/11 Day of Service project
Tuesday, September 11th: Service Projects
This year will be the 6th Annual George Mason University 9/11 Day of Service. We encourage all students, faculty, staff, and alumni to participate. Service projects will take place from 9:00am-4:00pm. See below for. For a complete list of service projects, click here.
Tuesday, September 11th: First Responders Thank You Lunch
Location: Johnson Center, George’s Restaurant
Tuesday, September 11th: Service Fair
We invite you to Social Action and Integrative Learning (SAIL) for our the annual George Mason University Service Fair from 11:00am-1:00pm on the Johnson Center, North Plaza! This is a great opportunity to connect with more than 30 different community partners and leaders, discover various service opportunities, and learn more about the issues facing our diverse local communities. The service fair will be held on the North Plaza from 11am-1pm, join SAIL and our for a great afternoon of engaging with our local community partners !
In addition, during the Service Fair the 9/11 Day of Service Planning Team and the Patriot Pantry will be hosting the T-Shirt Swap table to collect donations for the Pantry. The Patriot Pantry provides access to non-perishable food items, toiletries, and basic school supplies to George Mason University students who are unable to afford them. See list donation list below:
- Instant Oatmeal Packs
- Granola Bars
- Cans of Tuna or Chicken (pull tab open)
- Fruit Packs
- Breakfast Cereal Bars
- Pasta Sauce
- Mac and Cheese
- Hormel Compleats
- Crackers ( peanut butter, cheese)
- Pop Corn
- Body Wash
- Body spray
- Bars of Soap
Save the date!
• The 6th Annual Mason Nation 9/11 Day of Service will take place on Tuesday, September 11th, 2018
• Check in for service projects will take place in the Johnson Center, Bistro anytime between 8:30am-4:00pm. NOTE: You may check in at any time before your service project, but please be sure to check in at least 15 minutes PRIOR to the start of your service project. If you attempt to check in after your registration time, you will NOT receive your t-shirt.